Bao Shinn Holidays Limited respects and is committed to safeguard your privacy. Our collection, usage, storage and transmission of the Personal Data are in accordance with the data protection principles and requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance under the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Types of Personal Data Collected
We may request different categories of personal information, depending on the nature of the requests or requirements of the services offered. The categories of personal information we collect may include and not limited to your name, gender, age, title, position, address, telephone number (including mobile and fax numbers), email address and travel preferences. For the purpose of providing our services to you, you are required to provide the Personal Data and non-personally identifiable information which we believe to be relevant and to further improve our services provided to you.
Reasons for Data Collection and usage
We will process the collected information to provide certain services to you, including but not limited to:
- dentifying you and confirming your identity when you purchase Bao Shinn Holidays Limited's products
- Allowing us to process and complete your travel reservations and purchases
- Maintaining our correspondence list
- Contacting you by our customers service officers when necessary
- Compiling statistic for internal research and analysis
- Sending you updates, promotions and/or newsletters of information, products or services (unless you have indicated that you do not wish to receive such communication)
- Collecting information for campaigns, marketing and promotion
- Marketing of products and/or services by us, members of Bao Shinn Holidays Limited, our agents, subsidiaries, associates, affiliates and employees
We may also collect your personal information directly by requesting that you complete forms or questionnaires, and also in connection with provision of services to you at your request. We may also collect information regarding your internet protocol address, browser type, domain name and access time to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your Internet Protocol address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
All the information collected is owned by Bao Shinn Holidays Limited and will not be sold or rented to any irrelevant third parties. However, the Personal Data may be disclosed to:
- Our subsidiaries, holding companies, associates, or affiliates of, or members of Bao Shinn Holidays Limited
- Our agents, any third party service providers, any third party collection agencies, any credit reference agencies, any security agencies, any credit providers, financial institutions, our professional advisers and any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
- Any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to the use, disclosure, holding, processing, retention or transfer of your Personal Data
- In particular, your attention is specifically drawn to the following situations: Disclosure of the Personal Data may be required by law or to protect the rights and property of Bao Shinn Holidays Limited
Once you have provided us with your Personal Data, you may receive from us or from our subsidiaries, associates, affiliates, agents, members of Bao Shinn Holidays Limited telephone calls, emails and direct mailings for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive direct marketing and promotional materials from us, please write to us direct at the address set out below. We will honor your request not to use your Personal Data for future direct marketing promotions.
After 1 April 2013, for non-pre-existing personal data, in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) (Amendment) Ordinance 2012, we will provide you prescribed information and response channel in writing before providing your personal data to our subsidiaries, associates, affiliates, agents and members of Bao Shinn Holidays Limited for direct marketing purpose and sending you any updates and/or e-newsletters. We will not do so unless we received your reply indicating that your consents or does not object to receive them. If your reply is given orally, before using your personal data in direct marketing, a confirmation in writing will be provided to you within 14 days from the date of receipt of the reply.
For the specific purposes of collection, kinds of personal data to be collected, classes of transferees, class of services or products promoted and usage of personal data, please refer to specific Personal Information Collection Statement ("PICS")
Collection of Data Using 'Cookies'
Bao Shinn Holidays Limited may use "cookies" to collect Data on the usage of viewing habits and preferences in relation to the subject matters of our website and to facilitate return visits. They can save you from registering again when re-visiting our website and increasing our service quality. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you so prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies. However, disabling cookies may require more complexity and data entry. By disabling or rejecting all cookies by choosing the cookies-disabling or rejecting function in your browser, you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions in our website or you may be required to re-enter your information on our website.
Personal information you provide to us will be retained only for such period as may be necessary for the carrying out of the purposes referred to in this policy or as otherwise specified at the time of collection.
We will use such secured encryption systems as are appropriate for the collection of your personal information over the internet, based on the type of information being collected. Unfortunately no security measures are 100% secure and it is possible that others may intercept the information you are sending.
We will also take such steps as are appropriate to ensure the security of that information while it is held by us. This will include password protection and other electronic security methods as well as physical security methods, where appropriate, to help ensure that the information can only be accessed by our authorized employees, which employees shall be made aware of the terms of this policy and our duties to you under this policy.
Data Access and Correction
Address: Room 208, TakShing House, No.28 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong
Tel: (852)2111 8868